On the Road to Perachora
SCHINOS (ancient oenoe)
The chapel of St, George is located in a natural cave near Schinos, 9 km. from Pisia. In Byzantine times, it seems very ' likely that the cave was used as a hermitage. Today, traces of a painting of St George on horseback have survived on the screen, and seem to date from around 1400.