On the Road to Perachora
SCHINOS (ancient oenoe)
Very close to the chapel of St Paraskevi, just after the turning to the right, there is the monastery of St John the Baptist, also a dependency of Esphigmenou Monastery on Mt Athos. The first catholicon of the monastery - now destroyed - was built in 1935. The modern building is a three aisled basilica with a dome. Inside there are interesting icons of religious and historical value.